Friday 14 February 2014

Home for the weekend

Yesterday evening, I took a long drive home (almost 5 hours!) for the weekend so I can finally meet my new niece! Although today has been spent taking advantage of having a tumble drier at home and doing three loads of washing haha, and my boyfriend playing with his brand new toy, a fancy PC! We have also been promised a Chinese takeaway tonight which is just perfect!

Tomorrow will hopefully be the day I finally meet my niece who will be 3 weeks old tomorrow! I am so excited to meet her and to see how my sister and brother-in-law are getting on, and on Sunday we are having a family get together for everyone to meet her and to have a catch up and I'm so looking forward to having all the family together welcoming the new arrival! I am luckily home for 3 solid days this time as usually if I want to come home for a weekend I only have one full day to actually spend at home as I usually travel on Friday's and Sunday's. I luckily don't have uni's on Friday's now and I don't start uni on Monday until 2pm, so I drove home last night (Thursday) and I'm not driving back to uni until Monday morning, so a nice 3 full days at home :D

Another pro about being home for the weekend is that my uni house has very bad damp problems so the house is always freezing cold and our clothes always feel damp when we put them on in the morning, but home is wonderfully warm and dry! In fact I'm finding myself feeling too hot but I know I shouldn't complain because back at uni I have to wear 4 layers and still be shivering! (I'm not even exaggerating in the slightest!) I'm going to enjoy my 3 days at home and seeing family as once I get back to uni the weeks are flying by and work is going to start piling up soon and it's going to get pretty hectic, especially when we start shooting our short film!

I hope you all have a great weekend, I'm sure I'll be back with another post about my niece after finally getting to meet her!

Thanks for reading :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment